Saturday, August 8, 2009

Angel Mendoza Intervius

On Wednesday July 1 at 19:00, was opened in the hall Ramiro Jácome of the House of Ecuadorian Culture, the exhibition of paintings by

the artist named Angel Mendoza MYSTICAL LAND AMERICA. This exhibit is at the heart of its proposal, the Andean culture and cosmology. With his drawings, symbols, colors and languages, the artist reflects on their land and their roots, reflected in the court of figurative elements as icons of popular culture. Angel Mendoza is currently based in USA. He studied at the Art Center for the Promotion of the Culture House and the Workshop of Maestro Gonzalo Endara Crown. and Miami Dade Public Schools, Art Instructions School Minneapolis M.N U.S.A.

El Miércoles 1 de julio a las 19:00, se inauguró en la sala Ramiro Jácome de la Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, la exposición pictórica del artista Ángel Mendoza denominada TIERRA MÍSTICA AMERICA.

Esta exhibición tiene como eje de su propuesta la cultura y cosmovisión andina. Con sus dibujos, símbolos, colores y lenguajes, el artista reflexiona sobre su tierra y sus raíces, plasmados en los elementos de corte figurativo como íconos de la cultura popular.

Ángel Mendoza actualmente está radicado en EEUU. Estudió en el Centro de Promoción Artística de la Casa de la Cultura y en el Taller del Maestro Gonzalo Endara Crown

La pintura que se hace desde lo íntimo

En total, Tierra mística está por 26 cuadros de mediano y gran formato. Ninguna de las obras tiene nombre. | FOTO: MIGUEL CASTRO / El Telégrafo

FOTO: MIGUEL CASTRO / El Telégrafo

En total, Tierra mística está por 26 cuadros de mediano y gran formato. Ninguna de las obras tiene nombre.

El artista austral Ángel Mendoza expone parte de su trayectoria en la muestra Tierra mística.



La cosmovisión de su plástica se alimenta de la itinerancia. El pintor de Ingapirca, Cañar, Ángel Mendoza trae, en la muestra Tierra Mística América una serie de experiencia. Pocas nacen de la alegría, muchas del dolor que se entrelaza con la experiencia de la migración.

Este autor, mediano de estatura, ubica en las paredes de la Galería Mirador, de la Universidad Católica, 26 cuadros de mediano y gran formato. Desde la noche del 23 de julio anterior están en exhibición. Un repaso panorámico de sus trabajos da cuenta de una cromática diversa, donde colores cálidos y fríos pelean los espacios del centro de impacto visual.

Ninguna de las obras, manufacturadas sobre lienzo con óleo y acrílico, tiene nombre. Para el autor, cada una simboliza una expiación de sentimientos; una especie de purificación que se concretó con espátulas y pinceles.

“Mi obra tiene relación con la migración, sus efectos y lo que genera en las personas”, reseña Mendoza. Aclara que trabaja el tema migratorio, no por moda, sino porque es lo que copa el campo de sus experiencias.

En este sentido observa con desdén a los artistas cuyos motores de creación se relacionan con la tendencia, si no local, mundial. 

“Sé que en el país se premian objetos, por ejemplo, que abordan el movimiento humano de pueblo en pueblo. Luego nos enteramos de que el autor nunca experimentó de cerca el fenómeno. Eso es lo que no puede ser”, enfatiza.

Casi todos sus cuadros no representan elementos que se encuentren en lo cotidiano. Es más, “trato de hacer compleja mi pìntura, pues la búsqueda es un lenguaje propio”, explica.

Al cuestionamiento de sus influencias, Mendoza argumenta sus pasos por las escuelas artísticas de Quito y Azuay. Pero el origen –y en ello redunda enfáticamente- tiene que ver con sus experiencias. 

Su vida es la itinerancia, ha pasado por México, Cuba, EE.UU. y otro puñado de naciones. Vivió de cerca –dice él- los sucesos de las torres del World Trade Center en  2001 y el huracán Katrina en  2005. 

Sus trazos obedecen a la deformidad. Los elementos reflejados en su obra son soles, conchas, figuras femeninas. 

Para el pintor Hernán Zúñiga, un sello distintivo de Mendoza es el dominio del dibujo. Si bien esto no se nota en todos los cuadros, el guayaquileño explica que Mendoza hizo lo que todo artista debe hacer, dominar primero el dibujo y a partir de ello, desdibujar.

“Precisamente lo más relevante de su acción pictórica es aquella comunión equilibrada entre el diseño lineal y la mancha de color reflejando zoomorfias o esquema de personajes libremente graficados. La intensidad de su cromática es una fiesta del color”, explica Zúñiga y recalca que otro aspecto relevante, en la obra de Mendoza, es “la ausencia de signos folcloristas”.
Redacción Cultura
cultura@telegrafo.com.ec
Guayaquil
Cosmovision your feeds on plastic roaming. The painter Ingapirca, Cañar Angel Mendoza brings in Mystic Earth shows a series of American experience.Few are born of joy, a lot of pain is intertwined with the experience of migration. 

This author, of medium height, located on the walls of the gallery Mirador, at the Catholic University, 26 medium boxes and large format. Since the night of July 23 are displayed above. A panoramic overview of his work reflects a variety of colors, where warm and cold colors scramble areas of central visual impact. 

None of the works, manufactured with oil on canvas and acrylic, has a name. For the author, each symbolizing an expiation of feelings, a kind of purification that led to spatulas and brushes. 

"My work is related to migration, its effects and what it generates in people," Mendoza review. Clarifies which the immigration issue, not for fashion, but because that is what the field drink their experiences. 

In this regard notes with disdain the artists, the engines of creation are related to the trend, if not local, global. 

"I know it was rewarding in the country, for example, addressing the human movement from town to town. Then we learned that the author never experienced the phenomenon closely. That is what can not be, "he said. 

Almost all his paintings do not represent elements that are in everyday life. Moreover, "I try to do my complex paint, as the search itself is a language," he explains. 

By questioning his influences, Mendoza argues his footsteps by art schools in Quito and Azuay. But the origin, and therefore it is strongly-related experiences. 

His life is roaming, has passed through Mexico, Cuba, U.S. and a handful of nations. Lived near him, said the events of the World Trade Center towers in 2001 and Hurricane Katrina in 2005. 

His strokes are due to the deformity. The elements are reflected in his soles, shells, female figures. 

For the painter Hernan Zuniga, a hallmark of Mendoza is the domain of the drawing. While this did not note all the tables, the Guayaquil explained that Mendoza did what every artist should master first drawing, and from this, blur. 

"Precisely what action of his most important paintings is that communion between the balanced and linear design of the stain or color scheme reflecting zoomorfias characters freely plotted. The intensity of color is a feast of color, "says Zúñiga and emphasizes another important aspect in the work of Mendoza, is" the absence of signs folklorists. "
Writing Culture 
cultura@telegrafo.com.ec 
Guayaquil

A USA Painter Traveled To Find Inspiration

August 8th, 2009 - Miami, FL

Exhibited his first works in Bay Caráquez, Cañar and Quito. In 1996, he was a finalist for the II Salon of Contemporary Art Foundation TRADE 

Testimony: Angel Mendoza, painter cañarense 
After my first exhibition in Houston (1997), I traveled to various places including Mexico, until finally I was in New York in 2000. 

Since then, experiment with designs, colors and languages. I got to the illusion of knowing the 'big apple', but on land I felt like a concrete jungle and found rare and fat people. 

It was the beginning of my shift. Winter in this city was a bit disappointing, but I kept on in the midst of the solitude that exists between the power and greatness. My painting was located in the grotesque and repulsive, priority material. 
Over time, I urge New Jersey, where I discussed my work. After a trip to Washington DC; why I drew and exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art. 

I stayed in Maryland, to one side of Washington. There hurricanes and storms assaulted me spiritually, thence came the theme of my work: organic abstract paintings. Through them, I look at my roots too (I'm originally from Cañar) therefore grew up in rivers, leaves and nature. 
Between one and another journey by train, I thought it showed my strokes my life. All this has been my food.Doctors say they need to eat to not die, I would have to think not to die. 
Then migrate to the south. I went down to Columbia, North Carolina and South Georgia and finally stopped in Miami, Florida. 

The Heat improved my life and the sun gave me hope. I am happy. Pinto glimmer many, many lights. First I lived in Coral Gables, a very beautiful and peaceful city, now live in Little Havana, a place whose name is in homage to the Cuban exiles. 

Exhibitions in the galleries of the street 8, where the stars of the entertainment and film artists. That way the public road and also the foot without knowing. 

A painter and throughout the U.S. to find inspiration 


Thursday, 14 February 2008 
Exhibited his first works in Bay Caráquez, Cañar and Quito. In 1996, he was a finalist for the II Salon of Contemporary Art Foundation TRADE 

Testimony: Angel Mendoza, painter cañarense 
After my first exhibition in Houston (1997), I traveled to various places including Mexico, until finally I was in New York in 2000. 
Since then, experiment with designs, colors and languages. I got to the illusion of knowing the 'big apple', but on land I felt like a concrete jungle and found rare and fat people. 

It was the beginning of my shift. Winter in this city was a bit disappointing, but I kept on in the midst of the solitude that exists between the power and greatness. My painting was located in the grotesque and repulsive, priority material. 
Over time, I urge New Jersey, where I discussed my work. After a trip to Washington DC; why I drew and exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art 

I stayed in Maryland, to one side of Washington. There hurricanes and storms assaulter me spiritually, thence came the theme of my work: organic abstract paintings. Through them, I look at my roots too (I'm originally from Cañar) therefore grew up in rivers, leaves and nature. 
Between one and another journey by train, I thought it showed my strokes my life. All this has been my food.Doctors say they need to eat to not die, I would have to think not to die. 
Then migrate to the south. I went down to Columbia, North Carolina and South Georgia and finally stopped in Miami, Florida. 

The Heat improved my life and the sun gave me hope. I am happy. Pinto Glimmer many, many lights. First I lived in Coral Gables, a very beautiful and peaceful city, now live in Little Havana, a place whose name is in homage to the Cuban exiles. 

Exhibitions in the galleries of the street 8, where the stars of the entertainment and film artists. That way the public road and also the foot without knowing.


















No comments:

Post a Comment